On March 3, the Only in Seattle (OIS) team hosted a webinar with neighborhood business districts and community partners to provide relevant and timely information for small businesses. This webinar focused on public safety and the City’s homelessness response. Speakers included:
- Tess Colby, Mayor Office Senior Advisor on Homelessness
- Lauren Ross, SODO BIA Deputy Director
- Julie Kline, Mayor Office Senior Public Safety Advisor
- Marcus Johnson, U District Partners, Director of Clean and Safe Program
- Mark Solomon and Jennifer Danner, SPD Crime Prevention Coordinators
- Phillip Sit, BIA Advocate (Clean City Initiative Update)
- Office of Economic Development (OED) – AJ Cari (Small Business Advocate) and Heidi Hall (Business District Advocate), General updates and small business support
In response to COVID-19, the OIS team works to improve language access for small businesses, and coordinates with Seattle’s neighborhood business districts to provide resources for community stakeholders, businesses, property owners, and local organizations to achieve economic development outcomes determined by the community.
OIS conducts business district webinars every 2-3 weeks, to answer questions and concerns businesses may have. Previous webinars include Small Business Resource Updates, applying for a Street Closure Permit, and public safety.
If there’s a topic or a question that neighborhood business districts would like to cover in a future webinar, please contact Heidi Hall at Heidi.Hall@seattle.gov.