On April 7, the Only in Seattle (OIS) team hosted a webinar with neighborhood business districts and partners to provide relevant and timely information for small businesses. This webinar focused on reopening programs from various City departments such as:
- Seattle Public Utilities (SPU) – Jenny Frankl, Adopt-a-street and volunteer based programs
- Office of Arts and Culture (OAC) – Matt Richter and Jenny Cooks, OAC and Cultural Space Agency Public Development Authority
- Department of Transportation (SDOT) – Case Rogers, SDOT permitting and public activation update
- Office of Film and Music (OFM) – Chris Swenson and Meli Darby, Special event updates
- Seattle Parks and Recreation (PARKS) – Joanne Orsucci and Lisa Nielsen, Update on programming in City parks
- Office of Economic Development (OED) – AJ Cari and Heidi Hall, General updates and small business support
In response to COVID-19, the OIS team works to improve language access for small businesses, and coordinates with Seattle’s neighborhood business districts to provide resources for community stakeholders, businesses, property owners, and local organizations to achieve economic development outcomes determined by the community.
OIS conducts business district webinars every 2-3 weeks, answering questions and concerns businesses may have. Previous webinars include Small Business Resource Updates, applying for a Street Closure Permit, and public safety.
If there’s a topic or a question that neighborhood business districts would like to cover in the future webinar, please contact Heidi Hall at Heidi.Hall@seattle.gov.