–Public is invited to help review and update Seattle’s Comprehensive Plan
The Department of Planning and Development, working together with the Seattle Planning Commission, is inviting the public to weigh in on the important opportunities and challenges Seattle faces over the next twenty years. The City of Seattle is reviewing and updating its Comprehensive Plan and needs input from the public on what the City should focus on. This review is required to take place every seven years by the state Growth Management Act.
A number of online tools have been developed to help people weigh in on this important project. The public is encouraged to:
- Watch the Comp Plan Update Video. Learn more about why the Comp Plan matters and why you should get involved. www.seattle.gov/dpd/Planning/CompPlan
- Take the online survey. Learn more about the key opportunities and challenges facing Seattle, and give your input on how we should respond.
- View Comp Plan 101. Get a quick overview on what the Comp Plan does, and how it has succeeded in guiding growth. /www.seattle.gov/dpd/Planning/Seattle_s_Comprehensive_Plan/
- Learn more about the project on the Comp Plan website. A one-stop resource for everything that’s happening. www.seattle.gov/dpd/Planning/CompPlan
- Follow the project on Facebook. Regular updates about the project and links to relevant information such as census data.
- Follow us on Twitter.