The King County Executive Office is calling for nominations for the 2013 King County Small Business Awards, celebrating the growing and diverse number of small businesses that make King County their home. To be eligible for any of the awards above, a business must:
- Be located in King County
- Have 50 or fewer full-time equivalent employees
- Be a for-profit business in operation for at least 3 years
A business may self nominate or be nominated by a chamber of commerce, a city, or a business organization. A business can also be nominated in more than one category (a separate nomination form must be filled out for each category). The nominations are open through July 15 and winners will be announced online on August 26 with a ceremonial event on September 25.
The categories in which to be awarded are:
- Small Business of the Year
- Minority Small Business of the Year
- Woman Small Business of the Year
- Exporting Small Business of the Year
- Green/Sustainable Small Business of the Year
- Workforce Development Small Business of the Year
- Rural Small Business of the Year
For more information, visit the King County website.