The Seattle Office of Economic Development’s Only in Seattle Initiative is excited to promote shopping locally on Small Business Saturday, November 29, and throughout the holiday season with the Shop Small campaign, supported by American Express and Delta Airlines. Now in its fifth year, Small Business Saturday serves as the ceremonial kickoff to the holiday shopping season for small businesses across the United States.
For neighborhood business district organizations:
1) Use the Small Business Saturday toolkit below to access digital banners, copy point, logos, social media posts, and a sample press release to promote Shop Small. These materials are designed to help spread the word to businesses that are part of a business association. *note: by clicking on the links below you will download a zip file containing all the images. This is not malicious or harmful in anyway.
- Digital banners, posters, sample social posts, email templates, press release, copy points and logos
2) Neighborhood Champion Rally Kit Sign Up – provides a kit of ShopSmall promotional materials (welcome mats, reusable shopping bags, pins, pens, etc.) to be distributed among the neighborhood merchants. Neighborhood Champions commit to organizing events or activities to rally their neighborhoods for Small Business Saturday. October 29 is the last day to apply.
For local businesses:
1) Check with your local neighborhood business district association to determine if it is signed up for the Neighborhood Champion Rally Kit. If so, the association should have welcome mats, reusable shopping bags, pins, pens, etc. for distribution to neighborhood merchants. If not, encourage your business district association to sign up for the Neighborhood Champion program by 10/29/14.
2) Sign up your own store at ShopSmall: Receive individual store Small Business Saturday marketing materials, including: printable signage and free online ads for Small Business Saturday from American Express, Yelp and Microsoft Bing. Email templates, sample social media posts, and more are also available. (For qualifying American Express Card accepting small merchants, their stores may participate in the American Express Card member offer for Small Business Saturday and appear on the Shop Small Map).
3) Host a trunk show on Small Business Saturday in partnership with Etsy sellers. To help with your trunk show you will receive: one $25 Etsy Gift Card to purchase supplies from Etsy Sellers, two $25 American Express® Shop Small Reward Cards, a trunk show kit filled with bags, a welcome mat, and other promotional material to make your day special, and presence on our dedicated Small Business Saturday Eventbrite Page. *Merchandise is only available to eligible small businesses through 11:59 PM ET on 10/24/2014 or while supplies last.
For shoppers: By shopping and dining at small businesses on Small Business Saturday and throughout the year, you show support for all the small businesses throughout our neighborhoods and reinvest in the community we all call home! American Express Cardholders should watch out for information on how to register your cards to get $10 back three times when shopping at three different small businesses on November 29 (a total of $30 in statement credits!)