The Broadway Farmers Market opens for the 2012 season on April 22 – which is Earth Day round the world.
Opening day will feature a cornucopia of spring greens, flowers, edible plant starts for your garden or patio, early vegetables, gourmet cheeses, fresh eggs, wild-caught salmon, pastured meats – and some delicious prepared foods. Over 40 local farmers and artisan food vendors will sell at the market throughout the season. The market is extended through winter holidays as well, enabling shoppers to buy local ingredients for seasonal celebrations up through December 23.
The Broadway Farmers Market offers a fabulous selection of fresh, seasonal and locally-grown produce direct from farms around Puget Sound and Eastern Washington. Everything at the farmers market is grown or produced in Washington State by local, sustainable farms and by local food businesses. Many of the items found at the farmers markets are unavailable anywhere else, since small family farms often grow unique or unusual varieties that regular grocery stores don’t carry.
New Vendors This Year
- Dog Mountain Farm will be selling their great selection of poultry, including chicken, duck, guinea fowl, and fresh eggs from ducks, chickens and geese. They’ll also have rabbit, goose and turkey in November and December for the holiday season.
- Gaia’s Natural Goods is a Snohomish County farm that raises a wonderful selection of herbs and heirloom vegetables, as well as making their own pickled beets and other farm-sourced foods.
- Lifeforce Foods cultivates certified organic sprouts, pea shoots, wheat grass, and micro greens.
- Kedai Makan makes delicious, authentic, ready-to-eat Malaysian street food.
- Juice Box will sell fresh, seasonal juices using local farm ingredients.
The Broadway Farmers Market takes place every Sunday, 11 am – 3 pm, from April 22 through December 23 on the corner of Broadway Ave E & E Pine – outdoors on the SCCC campus. The Market accepts EBT/Quest cards (food stamps), as well as WIC and Senior Farmers Market Nutrition Coupons.
Like them on Facebook!
The Broadway Farmers Market is operated by the Neighborhood Farmers Market Alliance, a non-profit organization dedicated to supporting and strengthening Washington’s small family farms. You can find information about all seven Neighborhood Farmers Markets at www.seattlefarmersmarkets.org.