OED’s Only in Seattle Initiative is a proud supporter of Small Business Saturday, a day dedicated to supporting local, independent businesses.
Visit Seattle’s local business districts to shop, dine and explore the hidden gems throughout the holiday season, and plan a special trip down to the holiday market at Westlake Center, featuring ten different businesses each week for four weeks. Catch neighborhood favorites like Trophy Cupcakes, The Sock Monster and Marjorie’s Steel Drum Plantains at the holiday market. Check out the Seattle Holiday Market website for a complete lineup of businesses.
In addition, a variety of neighborhood business districts are hosting special events on Small Business Saturday, so be sure to check out the list of events below.
In addition to shopping, take part in Small Business Saturday with these steps:
- If you are a business owner, you can make sure you’re prepared for the holiday season by checking out the tips from the Small Business Administration and the American Independent Business Alliance.
- If you are a customer, rally your community to shop small on social media by using the hashtag #ShopSmall and #SmallBizSat. Here are a few sample Tweets and Facebook posts:
- Nov 29 is Small Business Saturday! Mark your calendar to #ShopSmall on the big day and support your favorite small businesses. You can also head to ShopSmall.com for more ways to get involved.
- Your favorite local goodies are waiting for you right around the corner. On#SmallBizSat, Nov 29, #ShopSmall and fill your day, and your shopping bags, with neighborly love.
- Get your neighborhood to #ShopSmall with you on Nov 29 by sharing what makes your business unique.
- Small Business Saturday is Nov 29! It’s the big day to #ShopSmall and support your local businesses. ShopSmall.com
- What small business are you planning to #ShopSmall at this #SmallBizSat?
Neighborhood events around Seattle
Shop Fremont for the Holidays – Kicks-off on Thursday, Nov. 20, 4 pm in Fremont
Beacon Hill’s Meaningful Movie – Friday, Nov. 21 in Beacon Hill
Macy’s Holiday Parade, Tree Lighting, and Magic in the Market – Friday, Nov. 28, starting at 9 am in Downtown
Shop the Hill – Friday, Nov. 28 – Sunday, Nov. 30 in Capitol Hill
Shop-o-Rama – Saturday, Nov. 29, Dec. 6, 13 & 20 in the Wing Luke Museum
Shop the Square and Howlidays – Saturday, Nov. 29, Dec.6 & Dec. 13 in Pioneer Square
Ballard for the Holidays – Saturday, Nov. 29 in Ballard
Small Business Saturday – Saturday, Nov. 29 in your local business district
Shopping Small in Historic Georgetown – Saturday, Nov. 29 in Georgetown
Holiday Magic – Friday, Dec. 5, 4 pm in Queen Anne
Light up the Beach – Friday, Dec. 5, 5 pm – 8 pm in Rainier Beach
Holiday Craft Bazaar – Friday, Dec. 6 – Saturday, Dec. 7, 8 am – 2 pm in Hillman City
Urban Craft Uprising – Friday, Dec. 6 – Saturday, Dec. 7 in the Seattle Center Exhibition Hall
Winter Festival and Crafts Fair – Friday, Dec. 6 – Saturday, Dec. 7 in Phinneywood
Art under $100 by South Park Arts – Saturday, Dec. 6, 2 pm – 9 pm in Georgetown
Columbia City Holiday Festival – Saturday, Dec. 6, 5:30 pm in Columbia City
Joy and Toy Drive – Friday, Dec. 12, 5 pm in Othello
Georgetown Art Attack – Saturday, Dec. 13, 6 pm – 9 pm in Georgetown